Week 3 Readme
At this point you should:
- Complete everything in the Week 2 Readme
- Read What Makes Part Selection Difficult?
- Read How to Search for Parts
- Read How to Catalog Parts
- Participated in Bill of Materials
- Completed the "Getting Started" lessons for your EDA program including creating simple parts in your part library.
Many participants are juggling responsibilities at work and at home, something I've come to appreciate to a greater extent this past week. So rather than attempt to squeeze the entire footprint creation lesson into one week as I originally had planned, I will split it over the course of two weeks so we respect the 2-4 hour per week commitment everyone agreed to. This week we will collect the IDC-compliant footprints for our part library (integrated circuits, crystals, resistors, capacitors, etc...). Next week we will create the non-IPC compliant footprints (custom battery input, LCD footprint, and any others that cannot be sourced from current libraries.)
This week, we will:
- Read "What are Footprints and Land Patterns?"
- Create and properly label IPC-Compliant Footprints for the parts in our BOM using pattern wizards or by copying from other parts.
- Add EDA Specific Resources for Land Pattern Creation as you find them
- Ask questions specific to your EDA program in Easy Land Pattern Footprint Creation
Next week we will:
- Create non-IPC compliant footprints
Source footprints for the following parts. Try to use a combination of footprint wizards, online libraries, and copying footprints from other libraries in your EDA program. Place all footprints into a single, new, footprint library.
- Integrated Circuits
- Discrete Components
- Off-board connectors
- Omron_B3FS-1000P switch
- J101, J501, 502